Healing the Herd: Connection Focused Therapy® (CFT): April 2023
This in person workshop is intended for therapists, caregivers, and horse professionals working closely with therapists, who would like to learn advanced techniques for helping individuals and families with complex case scenarios. This includes post-traumatic stress from abuse, war, criminal acts, accidents, high or low conflict divorce, as well as dealing with difficult change situations.
- The workshop is conducted over 5 days.
- April 20-24, 2023
- 9:30am – 4:00pm each day
Margie McDonald and Dr. Rebecca Bailey have worked together for thirty-plus years in a variety of capacities, often incorporating horses, psychology, and communication skills. Margie is an esteemed horse trainer and human whisperer and Rebecca is a nationally recognized psychologist with a lifetime love of horses.
Daily sessions consist of interactive theory, alternated with demonstrations and horse exercises led by Dr. Bailey and Margie McDonald.
The program will focus on:
- Overview of origins and key theories/therapeutic modalities employed and relevant research
- Increasing and enhancing the understanding of the role of the autonomic nervous system
- Learning basic skills for effective co-regulation in therapeutic relationships
- Exploring and experiencing the role of equine assisted interventions in trauma
- Creating a safe space for clients
- Increasing emotional resilience
- Understanding and preventing compassion fatigue, while nurturing personal and professional relationships
Bonus Workshop Items:
- Polyvagal Equine Institute T-Shirt
- Equine Connections: Polyvagal Principles Book
- Lunch by Chef Charles Holmes (provided each day of the program)
Who is it for?:
Open to therapists, caregivers, and horse professionals working closely with therapists, who would like to learn advanced techniques for helping individuals and families with complex case scenarios (e.g., post-traumatic stress from abuse, war, criminal acts, accidents, high or low conflict divorce, as well as dealing with difficult change situations).
Dates / Location / Price
The workshop will be conducted in person April 20-24, 2023.
Northern California, contact us for additional details at: Sue@PolyvagalEquineInstitute.com
$2,220 per person
- If unvaccinated: Must wear mask indoors and outside
- If vaccinated and current on boosters: No mask required per WHO recommendation
Space is extremely limited.